research and write papers summarizing in their own words what they have found on current topics from the weekly readings.
BAOL 531: Managerial Accounting
Week Two: Article Research Paper and Posting Topics
Article Research Papers and Posting: This is a graduate course and students will be expected to research and write papers summarizing in their own words what they have found on current topics from the weekly readings. Research is a theoretical review and application of a topic to a specific industry or field.
The research must be conducted using peer-reviewed trade or academic journals. While Blogs, Wikipedia, encyclopedias, textbooks, popular magazines, newspaper articles, online websites, etc. are helpful for providing background information, these resources are NOT suitable resources for this research assignment.
- Choose a research topic from the chapter readings or from the weekly list provided by your professor (See list or potential topics below from Chapter’s 1, 2, 4, 5).
- Research/find a minimum at least one (1), preferably two (2) different peer-reviewed articles on your topic from the University of the Cumberlands Library online business database. The article(s) must be current/published within the last five (5) years.
- Write a three (3) to four (4) page double spaced paper in APA format discussing the findings on your specific topic in your own words. Note – paper length does not include cover page or References page.
- Structure your paper as follows:
- Cover page
- Overview describing the importance of the research topic in your own words
- Purpose of Research of the article in your own words
- Review of the Literature summarized in your own words
- Conclusion in your own words
- Personal Thoughts
- An example paper has been provided for students (attached to email along with this document). Please review this paper for structure and APA formatting.
- Attach your paper to the Discussion board by the Thursday due date (100 points).
- Read and respond to at least four (4) other student postings by the Sunday due date (20 points).
Week Two: Article Research Paper and Posting – List of potential research topics from Chapter’s 1, 2, 4, 5.
Save your time – order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlines
- Robinson-Patman Act & Pricing
- Evolution of Management Accounting
- Cost-Volume-profit Analysis
- Decision Management
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002
- Balanced Scorecard
- Activity-Based Costing
- Cost Variations
- Historical Cost in Accounting
- Operating Leverage
- Internal Accounting Systems
- Controllability Principle
- EVAs (Economic Value Added)
- Lean Accounting Systems
- Responsibility Accounting
- Return on Investment as a measurement tool (ROI)
- Residual Income
- Opportunity Costs
- Any other accounting topics you wish to pursue from Chapter’s 1, 2, 4 and 5.