What estate planning documents should they have in place, and why?.
Students are to write a letter to John and Jennifer dealing with the following three matters:
1. What estate planning documents should they have in place, and why?
2. Having regard to their wishes as to what should happen to their assets if one or both of them were to die, how would you recommend they structure their will, and why?
3. Would you recommend any changes be made to their asset ownership? Please explain the reasons for your view.
ESTATE PLANNING ASSESSMENTS SPRING 2010
Assessment Regime (compulsory field)
Assessment Word limit Value (%) Date Due Assignment 1 (compulsory) 1500 30 13-04-2011 Assignment 2 (compulsory) 1500 30 18-05-2011 Informal exam 40 08-06-2011
1. The first compulsory assignment must be submitted by 6pm on 13th April 2011.
2. The second compulsory assignment must be submitted by 6pm on 18th May 2011.
3. Assignments can be submitted in any one of the following methods:
a. Handed to your lecturer at a lecture prior to or on the due date;
b. Submitted prior to the due time to the Law Faculty Office on the 3rd Floor of building CM05B, which is the Law Faculty building in Quay Street. Each question of the assignment should have a cover sheet containing the following information:
i. Students name and Student Number
ii. Identification as “Estate Planning Assignment”
iii. Name of Lecturer – Robert Monahan / Michael Perkins.
4. The questions for the compulsory assignments are set out below.
5. Students should read the guidelines for Assignments issued by the Faculty.
Assignment 1 – Compulsory
There are 3 questions in this assignment and students should answer all 3 questions.
Please complete a separate header sheet for each question.
Please ensure all sources and quotations are appropriately referenced.
An answer of about 500 words for each question is expected, and each of the three questions will be marked out of 10.
Students should clearly identify each question at the beginning of their answer, and should commence each question on a new page. Only one side of each page should be used. Do not print on both sides of a page.
Students are expected to research the topics covered by each question and read beyond the text. Some extension materials are provided on UTS Online to assist student research.
Discuss how the inclusion of Chapters 3 (dealing with Family Provision claims) and 4…